Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Choosing to Live Well

Sometime I re-read my blogs and it sounds like I am breezing through my days and life. All is well. Well, not quite. When I bumped into Kerri from the Lung Transplant Clinic last Thursday, we talked about living with the knowledge that each day is one day closer. Closer to the end. Yes, we all are heading down that road but, as Kerri said, it is ever present in the lives of those of us with a fatal diagnosis. 


So it hovers just on the sidelines as we make our way through the day. She also mentioned that it is so present at every doctor's appointment, every day when we are struggling with exhaustion, depression or just not feeling well and as we face downturns wondering if this is the new normal.


I choose to face my diagnosis as if it were a gift, using this time to appreciate the sweet moments in life, not stress over the small stuff, making sure all my personal relationships are settled and fine and keeping myself as healthy and as fit as possible. I swear I notice each sunrise and but often in bed before the sunsets. I push myself. I try to stay positive.

Maybe that what is shines through with this blog. I focus more on the good. The positive. The living life well with a bad diagnosis.

No comments: