Saturday, August 4, 2012

Forced to Grow

My Scorpio horoscope for today: Some people (like yourself) only grow when forced to. A personal dilemma holds the key to your spiritual evolution.
     My goodness, they are right. I have always been one to adjust to situations to make them work. Almost 40-years of marriage is a tribute to that atribute. But, it makes for a person who does not jump into changes well. I have quit very few jobs. 
     I need to be forced to grow. Change is not easy for me. Michael, on the other hand, loves changes. When things get too dull, I know fireworks are coming. He is good for me as he forces me to grow. To move forward. To take a chance.
     If I had not gotten my ILD at the school, I would still be there. Just before I left and even though I was working my brains out, Diane had wanted me to put together an after school program and summer school program for the community. Oh, and by the way, no additional pay. She really didn't understand how much work I was doing. I made it look too easy. When I left, they broke the job up into three pieces and people. It is not the same job. There is no one overseeing the entire spiral of learning through the grades. It became like any other program at a school, teacher driven not a program that is in place. 
     Would I have stayed? Maybe, but I would have also been looking for another job. Again, forced to change. Forced to leave. Where would I have gone? I think I had enough experience to work with the large conservatory in the city or a university. That would have been my next step. If I had been the type of person Michael is, regarding growing and changing, I would have worked in the music department at the school for only 4-5 years then looked for another job. I was there 13 years. Too long. Now I see it.
     Some people say that change is good but it always makes me a bit nervous!

No comments: