Monday, August 13, 2012

Killer Hike, Killer Week

Jill's birthday walk yesterday over several bridge covered canyons and many switchbacks kicked my butt. The steep uphills made me turn my oxygen up to 6 liters and I was still short of breath. Thank goodness it was foggy or it could have been worse. We arrived at the end of that portion of the trail after an hour. Moriah and I had car pooled to the trail from Peet's Coffee in town so she left her keys in my car. As we were taking a breath and photos at the end point, she mentioned that she, as a real estate person, had business and was worried about the hour+ hike back to our car. Another woman with foot problems made a call to asked her husband to pick her up from the northern trail head then drive her to our cars at the southern one. My ears perked up. I asked if Moriah and I could be picked up as well. After saying goodbye to the other women, the three of us met this woman's husband who shuttled us to my car. In the process of it all, my old iPhone finally gave it up. We bought it over four years ago right before one of our trips. It is now dead.

I drove home to recover and waited for Michael who arrived just a couple of hours later. We sat on the swing in the garden and I heard all about his adventures. They had fun. It was good for him.

Mom wants to go with me to buy my new iPhone this morning. I don't need a lot of memory but do want iCloud and Siri in my life.

There is a busy week ahead with the ILD Support Group, lung appointment with Dr. K. and mom's 84th birthday luncheon. Add rehab and lots of driving three days into the city and this week might also kick my butt! Yet, it is another week closer to Michael's birthday trip to Seattle. Yahoo! William leaves this week for the group's final concerts in Japan and Hawaii. They won't tour again until the release of their next album, which is usually a couple of years. We will be with him just a couple days after he gets home from this final trip. Gratefully, he recovers quickly!

Happy Monday!

No comments: