Saturday, August 25, 2012

Smell and Sight

I smell. Last night we went to the bonfire party for Kathy and Jim's granddaughter who turned 18-years old and she is off to college next week. There were about 75 people there, lots of food and we both had interesting conversations with many people.

But, I smell of bonfire this morning! That means I probably got some smoke into my lungs. I hope not but...

Within the hour, I am going to work out at the other rehab to see what I can do. My thighs are changing due to lack of exercise and I want the muscle tone back! I also want to see monitor my saturation levels during exercise to see if I am recovering from the acute bronchitis. Afterwards, I hope I have the energy to clean up an area of the garden where the Flowering Plum has lost its dark red leaves. A bit of a mess.

I have been having problems with my eyes for the past several months. Thinking that I needed a prescription change, I was going to talk about it with my optometrist in a couple of months. I wear one contact lens for distance and the other for reading. Both were unclear and I was having problems seeing everything. The past few days, I was having such a difficult time wearing my contact because they just hurt, my eyes were burning with or without the lenses and I still couldn't see well. I mentioned it to mom who told me she had the same problem. Dry eyes. Her doctor told her to use Refresh eye gel drops as they will not make the eyes drier in the long term like other drops.

On the way home, I bought some, took out the contacts and put a drop of this cooling, delightful gel in each eye. Suddenly, I felt relief. The next morning, I put my contacts in and I could see! I could see leaves on a trees! I could read small text! The extreme dryness was the cause of my vision issues. Everything was crystal clear. The contacts were comfortable. It was magic!

No comments: