Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cleaning and Questioning

It was a busy day yesterday. I reorganized the kitchen, threw a ton of old stuff in the trash or recycle bins, cleaned the old refrigerator which is now in the garage and just worked most of the day. The sun showed itself for a bit so I grabbed a book, a bottle of water and sat in the garden for an hour.

I am convinced that while waiting to be born in heaven, God gathers all the males together and gives them information. That can be the only explanation of why, since I have known him, Michael is able to just KNOW stuff. I am often stunned. "How do you know that?" I ask while he just shrugs. He did it again last night. While listening to the Giant's game, he installed the new range hood. It was a lot of work. He never looked at the enclosed pamphlet with all the little drawing and tons of warnings. After just more than an hour, it was finished. Perfect. How did he know how to do it all? I still don't know.

The electrician is coming at 8AM on Thursday to change out the wall plug so Michael can install the new stove/oven that evening. I can actually buy real non-microwave food on Friday! I also promised William that I would send him plate of baklava from the new oven. That will happen before the weekend!

Today, I am going to take mom to the cemetery to visit dad then to lunch with a group of her old girlfriends. They miss her a lot and it is good for her to see them again. It is a full day of driving so I had to cancel the first orchestra rehearsal tonight. I will be too exhausted.

Busy day ahead.

No comments: