Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cleaning Mode

Five hours yesterday. It began with the goal of removing some plates from the top of the new microwave and finding room for proper storage into a cabinet below. I removed everything from the cabinet, cleaned it then re-organized the plates, both large and small. Done. From there, I eyed the pan cabinet. Emptied it, cleaned it then re-organized the variety of cooking pans. All other baking pans went into storage in the back of another cabinet. All this took hours. Finally, I was drawn to a cabinet in the hallway where my platters, large bowls and all holiday decorations live. It was a total and complete mess. Three large shelves of madness. Everything was removed and cleaned and re-organized. I tossed a lot of just old stuff. After all this cleaning and organizing, I wiped down the floors and vacuumed the rugs to pick up all the mess from cleaning.

After five hours, I was finished. It felt fantastic. Michael arrived home and I gave him a tour. He was so impressed. Following right behind him was a friend who came to removed the old appliances from our garage. They are now gone forever!

After dinner, we took a walk along the coastal trail, only this time we walked south from Monday's walk. It felt fantastic. It was cooler and there were stronger winds than on Monday so it took a bit more effort to walk. Tonight, I will try to remember to take some photos. The vistas are stunning.

A visit to the other rehab is going to happen this morning followed by a visit with my lovely butchers and Trader Joe's. My first orchestra rehearsal is tonight. After putting new strings on my string bass, I want to tune it throughout the day to be sure they are stable and don't slip. It takes a bit of time to settle them in. I used to hate to sight read new music but, as I gained confidence through the years, it really is my favorite part of working with an orchestra. During the first run through, the challenging spots are reveled. Just plain fun.

No comments: