Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Final Foods


Food. It started with a conversation with mom yesterday. We talked about which foods we would choose if we were dying or having our final meals. Serious final food choices.

Mom’s list:
1.   Mac “N Cheese like her mother used to make
2.   Pizza with cheese
3.   Grilled cheese sandwich.
She clearly has cheese issues!

My list:
1.   Thin crust Italian-style pizza with great flavors but little cheese
2.   A BLT on toast with a bit of mayo
3.   A full bag of Lay's potato chips. Okay, many bags of Lay's potato chips.

Clearly, I have a carb issue! I couldn’t remember what I had listed as my third choice during our conversation so I phoned mom and she couldn’t remember! From the couch Michael said, “I bet I got it!” This man has been married to me too long! He nailed it!

So, I turned to Michael to ask for his top three choices:
1.   Clam Chowder with French bread
2.   Steak and fries
3.   Pecan Pie

It’s fun to think about the naughty foods when my food choices are so limited. I even find myself dreaming about certain foods. It would be fun to see other’s lists. Comment, if you wish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my choice would clearly be Lobster dripping with butter, T-bone Steak, New England Clam Chowder (from Mikes Clam Shack in Maine) FRESH oranges, and a ton of Diet Pepsi

Hope your week has been a good one.
~Madray~

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great choices! Thanks!