Saturday, September 8, 2012

Prayers Needed, Please

I am waiting for our new refrigerator and stove/oven to be delivered sometime between 9-1 today. We have been without an oven for over three weeks after our 18-year old one finally just stopped. It was time. We still need a new microwave and stainless steel covers for the dishwasher so all the appliances will match. Oh, and a new oven hood. Ouch.

It has been a slow re-entry into life since the trip. It really took a bit out of me. Natalie and the kids came for a visit yesterday and that was about all I could handle. I slept like a baby last night.

This morning, I awakened to an alarming e-mail from my brother, Chip. I phoned right away. His wife Betty had been in pain, he took her to the local hospital where the only doctor on call was a true quack. I could give horrible examples, but I won't. She refused to let this doctor touch her. Betty tried to talk Chip into just going home but he was driving. They headed the 60 miles north to Albuquerque while she writhed in pain. On a scale from 1-10, she said it was an eleven.

After three hours in the ER waiting room, they finally got into a room where the pain increased. Everyone thought it was kidney stones. Her appendix actually burst in ER. He thought she was probably in surgery while I was talking with him. He was heading back to the hospital after a quick run home to get the phone chargers and to feed the animals, no sleep, no food and terrified. He was so concerned as she has a hard time coming out of anesthesia. Very scary.

My brother is a scientist. He earned and EE and also a PhD in Atmospheric Physics. Factual. Scientific mind. He asked me to pray for Betty. He had already lit two of the Mexican week-long candles. His favorite is of Mary of Guadalupe. I love that he believes in the power of prayer.

Their 25th anniversary is later this month and I so hope they are able to go on their planed trip.

No comments: