Thursday, October 25, 2012

Returning to Rehab

I returned to the rehab class on Tuesday for the first time in almost three months. As you may remember, the new RN for the program is not well trained on managing a group of people and tends to  say very inappropriate things. I was also not looking forward to her inquisition about where I am medically, though that didn't turn out to be a problem. She was so focused elsewhere that I got away with sharing very little with her. I found that she takes any information given to her and somehow twists it to be used against you later. And she usually does it loudly and in front of the entire group.

But the exercise physiologist Kelly got it. She asked questions while taking my vitals and I told her the truth: I have been working out for over a week at the other rehab and my medical condition is unsettled with continued bronchitis.

My rehab boys: Dick is still AWOL while taking care of his wife who is recovering from hip replacement surgery. Sherman looked fantastic though he said he still feels some effects from his latest bout of bronchitis.

The fantastic news? I had been a bit worried about my weight as I had not been weighed in months during the large dosages of prednisone. I knew I was okay as the size 10s were still fitting, but it was with relief when the scale indicated just a one pound gain.

Our Giants. Well, what can I say? What a game last night. Unfortunately, I had an orchestra rehearsal and missed the final four innings. Game two tonight.

So, back to the rehab class today. I will once again try to stay under the radar and just work out as hard as I can.

No comments: