Monday, October 8, 2012

Say, "Ah!"

After
Before
The Giants are not looking good. It is especially painful since our friends Joanne and Jeff live in Ohio, the home of the Cincinnati Reds. Maybe our Giants will revive themselves to give them a bit of a challenge. We watched the game from our new recliners. We are now officially old! Michael loves his so that is all that matters to me. Here are before and after photos:

Before - a little dark
When Oliver and Winnie are here, I have a footstool that opens to a pile coloring books and crayons and stickers. Also, I have thrown in any musical cards we have received through the years. These have intrigued both kids through the years. So, I sent musical Halloween cards to them on Saturday. Winnie's card sings, "The Monster Mash" and Oliver's wails, "I Want Candy!" Do you remember how exciting it was to receive something in the mail when you were a kid?

Tonight is the birthday dinner in SF for Don and the gifts are ready to go. He is getting a new brandy produced by Germain-Robin labeled Coast Road Reserve. I also found a very cool wooden toy for the almost year-old daughter of the restaurant owners who will be hosting the dinner.

I worked out at the other rehab on Sunday while Michael was busy. Unfortunately, I forgot my oxygen. Duh. So, instead of 3.4mph on the treadmill, I stayed at 3.0. At that level, I was able to keep my saturation levels up well over 90% and often into the mid-90s. I also took the opportunity to use some of the other weight machines since no one else was there. I loved them. I am going to work them into my routine three times a week.

This morning, I am visiting with our dentist for a bit of work. She is also the harpist with the orchestra. Love that so many of my doctors are also musicians! Afterwards, I am going to work out at the other rehab again, swing by Trader Joe's for some scallops that were not available last week and I might sneak in a nap since tonight is going to be a late night.

No comments: