Saturday, October 13, 2012

Simple Things

What a magnificent win for the St. Louis Cardinals. Torturous. Stunned the stadium into silence. My brother was sure they were going to win and they did. The next game will be here on Sunday between the Cardinals and the Giants. Here we go.

The pumpkin festival begins within the hour and the town is beginning to swell with people. We are having dinner in the city tonight with our former neighbors, Margit and Bill. I will have to fight my way out of town later this afternoon to meet Michael at a friends house where we will leave his car for the evening. From there, we will drive to meet Margit and Bill at an East German restaurant in the Mission District. Ah, the Mission. It is best not to wear good jewelery or carry a large purse or look too substantial but it has some of the best food in the city. Here is the menu: http://walzwerk.com/menus/dinner-menu/

And it is often the simple things of life which bring joy. I found a dress. Not an easy task for me. I spotted it on the sale rack at Anthrogologie last weekend. Mom and I went this week and I thought that if it was still there, it was meant to be. It was. I did. Done. Yesterday, we found a pair of Anne Klein shoes to wear with the new dress at DSW on their sale rack for $54.98 minus 50%. Off to Nordstroms we went to buy the perfect colored tights and ta-da! My entire Christmas outfit for under $150.00.

Also, my oven is still filling me with delight. The smell of bacon is wafting through the house while it is being cooked perfectly. Everything comes out of that oven perfectly. Never seen anything like it. Magic.

The lovely simple things which bring such joy: baseball, friends, food, sales, cooking.

No comments: