Monday, November 12, 2012

Energy Conservation FAIL!

Energy conservation. Even after all these years of living with this lung disease, I still struggle with conserving my energy. On Sundays, I review the week ahead and plan where to fit in grocery shopping, showers, visits with my mom and music rehearsals. This week is going to be brutal and I am very concerned that it might just put me under. Energy conservation FAIL!

Today I am working out before meeting mom for a run to Target and a quick lunch. I want to be home to wait for William's phone call from the airport. He is flying in this afternoon for a concert tomorrow night so we are having dinner together this evening in the city. A late night. Energy conservation? Not a good start to a long week but I am thrilled to be spending some time with him.

Tuesday, I am meeting Susan for lunch before our ILD Support Group meeting in the city, Wednesday will be rehab and a late orchestra rehearsal, Thursday is an early Liver Clinic appointment followed by the rehab class and Friday begins a series of 5:00 rehearsals with the little violin kids after working out in the morning. There is not one day where I can take some time off or take a nap. It is going to be just over the top.

When I first became ill, I was so worried that I would be housebound and have nowhere to go and nothing to do. HA! I have remade my life with new friends, returned to performing with an orchestra and work out everyday. We even have learned to travel well and often. Life actually expanded instead of constricting. But, I still need to constantly adjust my life to stay as active as possible while always being aware of the need for energy conservation. I also discovered that staying active is the secret to living well with a bad diagnosis.

No comments: