Monday, November 5, 2012

Fighting the Battle

We have kept our heads down and just focused on my fight to regain lung capacity and banish the bronchitis. I feel we have been living outside of the social bubble. We don't go anywhere and we are not seeing anyone. In the evenings, we are in our PJs and in our recliners right after an early dinner. It is not good but it is the way it has to be for now. I am fighting off the threat of lung transplants in the near future. I am in the fight for my life.

My birthday is later this week. It is a reminder that I have lived longer than expected and that another year is one step closer. Not my favorite thing to celebrate. Mom told me that she and all older people feel the same way. I look forward to a phone call from William. I look forward to spending the entire weekday with Michael but there will still be the shadow of one-less-year lingering over my shoulder the whole day. 

It is back to rehab again this morning just as it was on Sunday. Rehab. The weapon I am using in this battle. Rehab. Where I can gather evidence and data to determine if I am improving or not. Last week, I was able to reduce my oxygen needs from 2 liters to just one. A good week. In two weeks from now, maybe, just maybe, I will be able to workout without any supplemental oxygen. The bronchitis will be gone. The inflammation will be lessened. My lung capacity will be better. 

So, I am fighting the battle right now. In four more weeks, we will find out if I have won the recent war.

No comments: