Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Quick Post

It is pre-dawn on a rainy morning the day before Thanksgiving. I am barely dressed and heading out the door within minutes. Mom has her cardiologist appointment this morning. What we thought was a problem with her lungs has turned out to be an issue with her heart. We are both a bit nervous.

When I get home later this afternoon, I will post an update on this page.

If you are travelling today, please be careful. Enjoy being with family.

UPDATE - 4:30PM PST
The news is not good. Mom has a severe heart problem as it is not pumping properly even at rest. They are arranging an MRI next week then we will meet again in four weeks to review the results. They were stunned that she looked so great and that she was functioning. They asked that she not have her shot of bourbon at night, decrease her salt intake and begin to exercise everyday. They added two medications and removed one. They are to help her heart try to repair itself on a cellular level. She is not upset about it other than just shocked that anything is wrong with her. She tries so hard to be perfect.

I just told my brother and am waiting for my sister to phone.

No comments: