Saturday, November 17, 2012

Racing, Rain and Rehab

Qualifying is today and the first Formula 1 race on the brand new Circuit of the Americas track outside of Austin, Texas will be tomorrow. An exciting weekend for all racing fans.

It is raining, finally. The air smells clean, the ocean is a bit wild and all the tourists are gone. I am going over the pass to the other rehab gym to workout then will stop at the butcher's and Trader Joe's. Since we are going to my sister's for Thanksgiving this year, that will be my last stop in a market until after the holiday.

The first of three rehearsals with the little violin students was last evening. It went really well and we'll be ready for the Christmas concert in two weeks. Tomorrow, there is a fundraising concert at 3:00 in town to help fund the music student scholarships awarded during the orchestra's May concert. I must attend.

When I get home this afternoon, the goal is to wash the sheets from all three beds, which means that they also will need to be ironed as well. It will take a few hours and lots of energy to remake them. It is best to get them done now instead of nearer to Christmas when my time and energy levels will be depleted.

A wet, quiet weekend ahead. My favorite!

No comments: