Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cat TV


Chip and Betty have had a rough year. They both have had lingering and some very serious health issues. Because of all the additional expenses, we agreed that we would not exchange gifts this year. 

During mom’s MRI last week, I found the cutest large ornament in the hospital gift shop. It was a replica of an Airstream trailer. Embedded in the side was a Christmas scene featuring a Christmas tree and a toy train that, when turned on, runs around the tree and the rest of the scene becomes alive. Also, it played several different Christmas songs. 

I had to buy it for them. They have a motor home, which they use twice a month for three-day excursions. I thought it was perfect.

Off it went. After it arrived in New Mexico, I got a text from Chip. They LOVED it. Really loved it.

Then, a few minutes later, I received a photo that I am unable to download:  Cat TV. HA! Apparently, every time the cats hear the music, they come running and just sit and watch the action. They have three cats. All are intrigued. 

Made my heart sing that Chip and Betty are enjoying my gift so much. 

In other news, I created a Facebook storm reporting that I am going to watch my annual Christmas DVDs which include: Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, Christmas Vacation and Love Actually. It was the last one that created the problem. There were many comments that it has Christmas in it but not a Christmas movie. After I responded that it was included with all the other holiday movies at Best Buy, I think I won. I think. The drama continues!

No comments: