Sunday, December 2, 2012

One Long Night

A long night. Michael was exhausted and went to bed early. When I arrived over an hour later, he was deep into sleep with a gentle rhythm of a light snore. I climbed into bed. I waited to drift off into dreamland until suddenly: a snort and snoring. Loud snoring.

I used my "slightly wiggling the bed" technique, which usually works. It awakens him enough so he rolls onto his side. But alas, he was in DEEP sleep and it didn't work. I was not going to be able to get to sleep.

Taking my pillow, heavy bathrobe and a light blanket, I made my way into the living room. Since we replaced our couch in the family room with recliners, this was the first time I was force onto the nice couch. It was cozy and I drifted off.

Suddenly, I heard something. It was Michael searching the house for me at 10:00. He couldn't find me. I called out to him. He felt terrible that I was out of the bed. I told him I was fine. Go back to bed. At 2:00AM the storm hit. The winds were howling. The windows rattling. In the cozy bedroom, the fan was on and it has a different ceiling so Michael was oblivious of the cacophony outside.

But in the living room, I couldn't get back to sleep. I made my way to the recliner in the family room, turned on a Christmas movie and drifted off around 3:00AM. Suddenly, the storm kicked up again and it was 6:15AM. Coffee time!

I feel like I have been beaten up all night. You, dear reader, may have two questions: Why did you not go back to bed at 10? Don't you have two other beds in the house?

Answer #1: I was cozy. I was fine. Michael can be talking in bed one moment and in a deep sleep the next. It is strange. I knew that he would be loudly snoring again before I would be able to get to sleep thus ending up back on the couch!

Answer #2: This is embarrassing to say but I didn't want to mess up the beds and have to wash the sheets again for the holidays. Stupid I know, but that is me.

We are heading out into the storm this morning, I am going to workout at the other rehab then we are having a nice lunch together. I guarantee a nap later this afternoon!

Happy Sunday!

No comments: