Monday, December 3, 2012

With Gratitude, I Think

I never woke up once last night. After ten hours of sleep, I am fully awake and ready for the day to begin. What a change from yesterday. After a miserable night, I went back to bed and slept for over an hour to awaken just in time for lunch. We watched a huge storm blow through with wicked winds and lots of rain. Finally, late in the afternoon, the sun came out and we ventured into town for coffee, just to get out. So many other people were doing the same.

Today is Day 4 of my reduction of prednisone. I am now taking 12.5 mgs. down from 15 mgs. This is the lowest dosage I have ever taken since I begin in 2005. I can feel the difference. I am calmer. I am not hungry. My energy levels are lower.

After mom's eye appointment this morning and a bit of lunch, I am meeting the possible new yoga teacher for tea at 3:00. I am really struggling with this. I am so not a yoga person but maybe that is why I need yoga! With her e-mail signing off "With gratitude," I moaned. This is going to be hard for me.

Our local recreation department offers a drop-in Tai Chi class on Wednesday mornings beginning in January. I think that is probably where I am heading. Perfect time. Perfect day. Perfect cost.

So I will sign off to you, dear reader, with gratitude for reading my blog! I can hear you moaning from here!

No comments: