Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another Blog Ahead?

I have been thinking about beginning another blog specifically for those of us who are long-term prednisone patients. I have learned a lot about what to eat for each meal, proper portions, interesting recipes and how to order in any restaurant. I also noticed that I have a huge number of hits to the posts of this blog when related to menus and recipes.

It has been two years since I worked with the nutritionist at the Weight Management Clinic and I have been able to control my weight during maintenance. A few weeks ago, I noticed that I had gained a few pounds over the holidays and it scared me. It could be the start of leading me down the path to regaining the 60 pounds that I had shed. My skinny size 10 Levi's were too tight to wear comfortably. They are the tightest things I own so they are my guide to how I am doing.

So, I began intensive yoga along with my regular rehab, watched every bite of food for the entire month and have lost all the weight. When I went to the doctor's with mom yesterday, I was wearing the jeans. The size 10 skinny jeans. They fit perfectly.

Mom met with her foot doctor for the pre-op to amputate her second toe due to bad bunion surgery years ago. When I arrived to drive her to the appointment, she was limping and in pain. She thought she may have cracked her hip while doing her exercise routine on a stationary bike. She is tough, no wimp and can take a lot of pain so I knew there really was a problem. We went to the appointment then to an immediate care center to have it checked out. We waited only a few minutes before the doctor manipulated her body into odd positions and declared that she just had a badly pulled muscle. YAHOO! After a Walgreen's stop for pain medication, she is planning to take it a bit easy for a few days. If the pain doesn't subside, we will make an appointment to see her primary doctor.

It is going to be a crazy busy week ahead. The orchestra concert is Saturday night but will also meet for our regular rehearsal on Wednesday evening along with a Friday night Dress Rehearsal. That will be a lot of late nights for me. Michael also wants us to join friends for a Super Bowl party but I would have no recovery time from the concert. I think I may beg off. He can go. I really don't want to be around a lot of people and eat food made by other people with this nasty flu and cold rearing its ugly head.

Rehab class today with my favorite guys, Sherman and Dick. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.