Monday, January 21, 2013

Big Waves, Big Move, Big Birthday


What a weekend here on the coast! The famous Maverick's Surf Competition happened on Sunday. The waves were huge and it drew about 30,000 people to a very small community. Here is the story and gorgeous but scary photos of the big waves. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Fans-crowd-to-see-hard-to-see-Mavericks-4209444.php#photo-4060263

What a game! We are so excited that the 49ers are headed to New Orleans and the Superbowl. I watched the game alone. Also, I have been sleeping three nights in the bed alone. Michael has been in Las Vegas since Friday moving his mother back to California after the death of her youngest son two weeks ago. She actually moved into her new place just yesterday and Debbie is also staying for a week to help get her completely settled and to visit. She is here from Tennessee. It is good for them to spend some time together.

Michael said there was no drama at all as everyone had cried all their tears. Anna had it so organized that she even had the boxes staged in loading order. They unloaded late in the afternoon yesterday and Anna and Debbie had Mary's room and bathroom entirely set up. God bless them both!

He just phoned to tell me that they are leaving LA around 8:00 this morning so he will be home around 2:00 this afternoon after swinging by his shop to pick up his car. Home. It is going to be 65 here today so I bet we will spend this afternoon on the swing in the garden.

Yesterday was our son's birthday. When I phoned around 2:00, I could hear city noises and he asked if he could call me back as he was heading to brunch. I phoned again around 6:00 and it went straight to voicemail. Michael said William phoned him around 9:30 and said that he had been out seeing different friends all day. Everyone wanted to celebrate his birthday with him. How sweet is that? Apparently, he hit several restaurants throughout the day. Michael told him we would phone him in a few days.

This morning, I need to shuttle mom over the pass for a dentist appointment then we are planning to have our favorite fish tacos for lunch. I even might see if she wants to come by our house for a few hands of our favorite card game - Shanghai!

It will be good to have our lives back to normal tonight. I discovered my life is very boring without Michael! I even made of list of all thing things I need to tell him!

No comments: