Friday, January 11, 2013

Head Cold Germs

No news from Las Vegas yesterday but the news here is that Michael has a head cold. He stayed home all day yesterday. Having a cold makes me very nervous as he has to touch everything in the house and will share his germs. I moved into the guest bedroom last night and we are trying to be mindful of what we are touching. I really can't get sick. It could be the beginning of a big down slide. I must try to stay healthy and am taking lots of vitamins and Airborne.

My friend, the beautiful Susan from the ILD Support Group, is planning to come to the house on Sunday and we are going to a local concert together. I sent her a heads-up yesterday that she probably should not be in our germy home and I may also have a cold by Sunday. I hope not, but I thought she should know as soon as possible.

Chip and Betty are finally enjoying their 25th Anniversary present from our family in Laughlin, Nevada. They do love to gamble. They hauled their RV through a snowstorm in Flagstaff, Arizona yesterday and will enjoy their vacation before driving back to New Mexico on Sunday. They have fantastic lobster there and Betty has been dreaming about it for months. They almost didn't leave because her sister, who has been battling a variety of cancers, had taken a turn for the worse. I so hope they win some money and have a fun time together as 2012 was such a horrible year for them.

At the rehab class yesterday, Sherman and I celebrated his birthday with a card and a huge piece of his favorite Tiramisu from a superb Italian bakery. He is turning 88-years old on Monday. Today, I am going to the other rehab then will spend the rest of the day with my mom. I haven't seen her since Monday so we will talk non-stop until I leave her!

In the category of good news: The 49ers play their big game Saturday evening. We are so looking forward to the game, sick or not!

No comments: