Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One Big Giant Step Forward

Step by step we are adjusting. No tears yesterday. Michael was home very early again and even phoned to ask where I was. I had just left the rehab class and was heading home.

Today is a new day for me. A new phase. My New Year's resolution. Yoga. The class is at 9:00 this morning so I bought yoga pants, mat and a block for the event. It is held in a beautiful environment right on the ocean. After I get settled a bit, I will sneak some photos. Nervous? Yes. Anxious because of my breathing? Extremely.

The plan was to do nothing afterwards until orchestra rehearsal tonight. Well, life intrudes. I have to go over the pass to buy groceries, something that I really didn't want to do. It would be lovely not to go over the hill one day a week.

Also this morning before the class, we are meeting with Ron's tree people to arrange to have some trees topped and thinned and one tree removed. It is a tree that Michael loves. Not a large tree but a tree that protects us from seeing other homes from our side yard. A Mayten tree. The problem? It is messy and ugly and needs constant trimming. I am tired of picking up the small leaves throughout the house as we track them in on our shoes. So, he finally relented when Ron asked if he could whack it back for more sun on our shared area. Thank you, Ron. It was enough for him to realize it had overstayed its welcome. I had also noticed that our stand of birch trees has some mold on it's highest branches, which could kill them so we will have them trimmed and topped.

Life. But our thoughts are still with Anna and Mary sorting through things in the condo and Matt being cremated today. We did learn that Anna's husband and son will also be helping Michael and the twin move the entire contents of the condo to Orange County. Anna said there is a lot of stuff. She asked Michael if he wanted anything and he said no. He thought it was odd that one niece asked for Matt's Hawaiian shirts. I am just observing it all from afar.

No comments: