Friday, January 25, 2013

Party and Illness and Menus, Oh my!

It is coming. People around us are reporting high fevers and body aches. Stomach upsets. Colds with a cough. We are being surrounded. It is terrifying. Our job is to be vigilant, to wash our hands and be aware of people who might not be well.

With this in the forefront in our awareness, we have to be with a group of people on Sunday. We were invited to a surprise birthday party for a friend's mother in the city. She is visiting from her home in Provence. We are delighted to be invited into this group of people. Our friend Don introduced us to the owner of our favorite restaurant years ago, he recently married and has a young daughter. I really like his wife, Elle. I have met his mother once and she only speaks French. Oh my.

We were going to the party in a very nice French restaurant in the city with Don but, alas, he is now on his way to Hong Kong today on a last minute business trip. We are still going to the party, as we had to cancel a previous dinner with them because of my health and I just don't want to cancel again. And we are looking forward to being with them. The saving grace is that Elle also doesn't speak French. We will huddle together!

My body still notices that I was in yoga hell on Wednesday. A different set of muscles hurt this week. This morning, I am going to the other rehab for my routine then will spend the rest of the day with mom. There is a gentle rain today and is it very mild outside.

Menus for the week are interesting. I haven't tired two of them yet and always excited to find new recipes.

Greek Shrimp Recipe (with rice for Michael) - http://www.deliciously-thin.com/greek-shrimp-recipe.html

Mongolian Beef - http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1736075

Chili Chicken Monterey - http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/chile_chicken_monterey.html

Enjoy Friday!

No comments: