Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feeling a Bit of Guilt!

We had a wonderful early dinner last night, sat at the waterfront and watched the sunset while enjoying Lobster Rolls - over a pound of Maine lobster on a specially designed bun served with potato chips and cole slaw. (I had a crab salad.) George and Mary Ann loved the food and the location. We were even able to talk together without music blaring, which is often a huge pet peeve of mine.

Potato Chips. Probably my most favorite food and NOT allowed in our house for many years. Too dangerous! Dick, one of my rehab boys, left a bag of the new Sriracha Lays Chips for me with Sherman on Thursday. OMG! They were fantastic but, darn, I am trying to be so careful with what I am eating. Thankfully, Michael helped eat them! So, I am searching for the Chicken & Waffle flavor Lays Chips to bring with me to rehab today to surprise Dick. I can't find them. Anywhere. I am going to try a few more stores this morning.

My goal is to be showered, dressed and out the door by 9:30 tomorrow morning for the drive into the city. The appointment for the Echo sonogram to check for Pulmonary Hypertension is at 11:00, the Pulmonary Function Tests are scheduled for 1:00 and my meeting with Dr. K. to review all the tests will be at 2:30. It is going to be a long day. My prayers are that I do not have Pulmonary Hypertension.

We were just watching the news and seeing all the storms hitting much of the country. Poor Amarillo! And we have a friend driving from Chicago to Raleigh right now. We are expecting 64 and sunny here today. I almost feel guilty.

No comments: