Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine

He walked in the door for a rehearsal and was introduced by his cousin to the rest of the group. I wanted to get started but everyone was fawning over his new Hummingbird Gibson guitar. Come on, let's go. Wow. The guy can play.

That was when I met my Valentine. September of 1971. By March of 1972, we knew we were going to be married and said our "I dos" in September of 1973. Yes, that is 40-years this September.

Michael always says that no one else he knows has a relationship like ours. We are friends. We are lovers. We would rather be alone with each other than with anyone else.

We finishe each other's sentences. We think alike.

What I have learned? Love is not difficult. It is very simple. When it is right, it is very easy. When it is wrong, it makes for lots of drama and problems.

Happy Valentine's to everyone who has found the love of their life and those who will never settle for less.

Here is our story:
http://livingwellwithabaddiagnosis.blogspot.com/2009/11/best-husband-in-world.html

No comments: