Saturday, February 23, 2013

Weeds Begone

I love Saturdays. Michael is usually gone for most of the day, I try not to leave the house and can just move at my own pace. No where to go. Nothing I HAVE to do. Around 10:00, I usually go into the gardens and do a quick clean up or a long, all-day session. Last week, it was seven hours. This Saturday? I need to do a lot of weeding in the front and a general clean-up, which should take around four hours. After working in the garden, I always look forward to a nice shower and a cold glass of water while walking through the gardens to look at all my work.

This early evening, Michael wants to go over the pass for a casual dinner. That is a rare event for us. We just don't go out to dinner much anymore so I am looking forward to a change to our routine.

Anna phoned last night and wanted some advice with the memorial service for Matt. At the National cemetery, the service has a time limit of 30-minutes. Period. Of that time, 15-minutes is the military ceremony. So, her husband is going to have lead everyone in the Lord's Prayer, he will give a short eulogy and that will be it. She said Matt's remains are in a cardboard box and wanted to know how it should be displayed. We decided to have fabric draped over it and a framed photo of Matt next to it. We are also praying that the weather will be warm and dry. I also suggested that there should be one arrangement of flowers on the site from the siblings. She agreed. She also said that there should be about thirty people present.

The sun is shinning and it is beginning to warm up. A good Saturday ahead.

No comments: