Saturday, February 16, 2013

Wishing for Summer

I have a photo of mom's foot but I don't think anyone would want to see it. It is rather strange looking, minus the second toe. The stitches are out and we need to go back in two weeks for a peek to make sure it is healing properly.

When we were making that appointment with the one out of six schedulers for mom's doctor, she mentioned to her next cube-mate that she had the vegetarian tamales. I said, yummmm. She said that it was a fundraiser for someone and asked if we wanted one. I said that I loved tamales but just can't eat them anymore, she asked if it was an allergy and that began the story.

When this sort of thing happens, I try to keep it to just answering questions, but they - the cube-mate rolled over to listen - kept asking more questions! We talked about the cause of the disease, the Worker's Comp claim and even the disgusting Warren Buffett and his shoddy long-term disability insurance. But mostly, we talked about my diet and exercise program and my new entry into the world of yoga. What I have discovered when I now talk about yoga, is that I am the last person on earth taking their first yoga classes. Everyone takes yoga! Who knew?!

Into the gardens I go. Yesterday was in the 70s and most of today should be the same. Perfect weather for cleaning up the gardens from the winter. It all should be much cooler by tomorrow and we are expecting rain on Tuesday! Back to winter! It was nice to haul my sandals out from the back of the closet, even for just one day. I am so ready for summer!

No comments: