Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Dime or Two

It started in the kitchen then went into the garage then into my closet yesterday morning. It was the cleaning fairy in me making an appearance. It must be spring! All my drawers are clean. The refrigerator is spotless and lots of old jars were tossed. Even the shelves in the garage are organized. It feels fantastic. Afterwards, I ran out for some errands then rested my knee the rest of the day.

I feel like I had a day off.

Back to life today with a morning doctor appointment with mom's cardiologists. Her hairdresser gave her two free passes to the annual gem show at the fairgrounds, so we are heading there afterwards. We also hear they have a good and cheap lunch available. Tonight is an orchestra rehearsal. A full day ahead.

I continue to notice that the cough has subsided even more. I don't think I coughed all day yesterday, even through all the cleaning.

At the grocery store yesterday, two of the checkers were laughing after one held up a dime. As there was no line behind me, they explained that one had told the other about something called "Dimes from Heaven." Apparently, these dimes are left for people from their dead loved ones. After one checker had shared the story with the other, she has been finding them all over. This morning, I stumbled out to the family room and glanced behind my chair. There, on the floor I cleaned yesterday, was a dime. I did a quick Internet search of "Dimes from Heaven" and there were a ton of stories of found dimes and pennies.

I hope you find a dime or two today!

No comments: