Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lovely Surprises and a Test

It was a surprise. When we dropped the Audi off at the dealership in the morning, it was going to be a struggle to get it done by our trip on Thursday and probably around $3,000.00 to replace the entire unit behind the dashboard and reset all the computers. Michael phoned me at 11:00 to report that the car was ready! Apparently, Audi realized that many of the cars were having this problem and created software to fix it. A software fix, not a hardware problem. The total bill? $109.00.

They did discover another problem with some coils, which we will have repaired when we get home from the trip, which should cost around $200.00. What great news.

Mom and I had lists of things we needed to do, had a quick bowl of soup for lunch then Michael and I drove two cars home. There is still one over the hill so I am driving him in this morning.

After dinner, we ran back over the hill to buy Michael some shoes for the trip and a surprise visit to mom's. I had spotted a cute Easter wreath of cute colored Easter Eggs I found at CVS for $9.99. She loved it and Michael was able to spend some time with her. An unusual evening!

At bedtime, I began the oximetry test to determine if I am getting enough oxygen at night. It was a simple meter with an internal computer. Small and simple. Just put the reader on my finger for the night. I woke up around 1:00 and fell back to sleep around 3:30. It was weird and I was worried that I would roll on it or hit the button in my sleep, which would end the test. But, all was well and I am driving it back to the oxygen company this morning followed by the rehab class.

No comments: