Sunday, March 3, 2013

Out and About with Lots of Baggage

It was an unusual Saturday. I had a list of things I needed to do, some in preparation for this week's trip, but mostly just errands. For the first time in many years, I did them with supplemental oxygen strapped to my back. I never coughed once. I felt great but I need to remember to ignore people's stares.

In the afternoon, Michael needed me to drive north to the restaurant on the beach to pick him up. We sat at the bar, shared an appetizer as an early dinner and chatted with the owner. It was nice to be dressed and out in public on a Saturday, a rare event. There was no sunshine but the huge waves were exploding onto the rocks, tons of surfers were fighting for each wave which made the drive home a real treat.

With the oxygen kicked up to 2.5 liters at night, I notice that I am sleeping soundly and feeling so much better. My oxygen company phoned to arrange the oximetry test. They are dropping off the equipment on Monday, I will sleep with it along with my normal 2 liters of oxygen on Monday night then return the meter to them on Tuesday. I will try to remember to take a photo of the equipment.

Anna phoned last night to report that it was an all day event with her mom to find her an appropriate outfit for the memorial service. She laughed as it was a feeling of payback for all the times they shopped together in her youth when her mom dictated the appropriateness of an outfit! The worm has turned, to quote my mom! I learned that many of the people I was looking forward to seeing are not coming. That is not good news. The more people, the better. I still have lots of anxiety about dealing with the twin and his wife for the first time in 25 years - the story here: http://livingwellwithabaddiagnosis.blogspot.com/2010/01/married-with-twins.html
http://livingwellwithabaddiagnosis.blogspot.com/2011/06/trout-fishing-and-announcement.html
http://livingwellwithabaddiagnosis.blogspot.com/2010/03/twenty-year-later.html
Lots of baggage there. I want to say nothing. We want to change nothing. We like not having to deal with either of them, though Michael sees his brother every Saturday. That's fine. Good enough.

No comments: