Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Oximetry Test Results

The results of the overnight oximetry test: I did not desaturate below 92% at night on my normal 2 liters of oxygen. Lack of supplemental oxygen is not causing the increase in pressure in my lungs, which can cause pulmonary hypertension if left unattended. Kind of not good news as now we don't know what is causing the pressure to increase. Dr. K. said that she will order an echosonogram every 6-9 months to keep an eye on it.

There was a mess up with the oxygen company, who supplied the meter. The agreement was that I would return the meter to their office yesterday morning. It is probably 45-minutes away from home. Done. At 4:00, the doorbell sounded and the poor guy was there to pick it up. He was not happy as he missed lunch in order to drive all the way over the pass just for me. I knew that there might be a problem when I received a message from the company the night before trying to arrange the test....after it had already been arranged including how the meter was to be returned. They really screwed up. He mentioned how much he liked our house and we got talking. He was a really nice guy named Ricardo. I mentioned that I would always remember as my dad was named Richard. We shook hands as friends about twenty minutes later. I love turning a bad situation into a nice personal connection - one human to another.

Today is packing day. I am going to the yoga hell class this morning, filling the car's gas tank, cooking the four pies, painting my nails, dropping the keys and security code to Ron next door and going to an orchestra rehearsal tonight. Oh, and packing.

We leave tomorrow morning before dawn to Michael's sister's home near Riverside. The memorial service for Matt is Friday.

No comments: