Monday, March 18, 2013

Thinking Too Much

I think I am getting a bit gun shy. Every time the phone rings, I jump! It has been a terrible beginning to the year as there have been two deaths and three major relationship ended within our family. As far as we know, no one has died and no relationships ended this past weekend!

On Saturday morning, I cleaned the entire side yard in the front all while thinking of Lindsey. She loved her potted plants and animals. When I knew her, she had a house rabbit who ate the carpet beneath her bed, a turtle, several cats and later learned there were birds added to the menagerie. She was an extremely active woman who never sat still. Never stopped. It was so cruel that she contracted MS, which made her slow down but she still fought to keep moving in a wheelchair until she finally couldn't. Awful disease.

When I think back to the group of women from the playgroup, I would never have bet that the first one of us to leave this earth would be Lindsey, as she was so full of life. When we spoke on the phone, we both were so surprised that we were the seriously sick ones. I would suspect that several women may fly in for the funeral. One lives locally but the others live in Hong Kong, Vail, Seattle and Medford, Oregon. All the children have done very well for themselves. Lindsey's kids are both lawyers, Robb is a municipal attorney into politics and Kari is a state prosecutor and a new mother. She was proud of them.

Today's plans include an early fasting blood test and a long doctor appointment for mom followed by lunch, the butcher shop and Trader Joe's. It is going to be a long day. I didn't sleep well last night. My mind just could not settle down.

No comments: