Thursday, March 14, 2013

Yoga Hell, the CanCan and Toeless

The yoga hell class lived up to its name. It was almost two hours long, I needed oxygen the entire time then crawled home. After a brief rest and a light lunch, I did the yard work for three hours followed by prepping tonight's dinner then a load of wash while picking up the house for the housekeepers this morning. When Michael arrived home, he just shook his head. I was totally spent.

After the yoga class, I overheard a conversation a man was having with the instructor, I joined in only to discover we knew a lot of the same people including my sister and her ex-husband who had begun a highly respected theatre group in the area. What a small world.

Orchestra rehearsal last night was fine, we played the Haydn Symphony and Offenbach's Orpheus of the Underworld, which has a very famous section - the CanCan dance. It was fun to play, as always. This morning, my right arm hurts from the massive fast bowing on the entire last page. I barely remember falling into bed but I think I passed out! What a day!

Mom is finally ready to have a much needed pedicure after the removal of her toe last month. I have added a photo of her foot taken the day the stitches were removed. It is quite ugly so I am putting it at the end of the blog. Don't look if you have a queasy stomach! After seeing a doctor tomorrow, we are getting her nine toes painted then all three of us are having dinner together. She was so happy when I told her the plan last night.

Today? A quick run to the lab for mom then my rehab class. No time for a nap!


No comments: