Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Bit of a Party

Schmidt's
After spending the day with mom, I got home and waited for Michael so we could go to the city. He was late. He phone from at Jim's, south of town. Since it was Friday, Michael was having a cocktail and never drives afterwards. I had to go and get him. Well, it may not come as a surprise, I got talking to everyone so we didn't leave for a couple of hours.

Rick and Natalie are coming early this evening for a little celebration for Rick's birthday. We had to buy a little something for him last night, have some dinner and order the German food to-go for tonight's appetizers. We were now running late.

We left Michael's car at Jim's, I drove home so we could change our clothes, we headed north towards the city, went buy Bev Mo for a small bottle of amazing bourbon for Rick's gift, made our way to the Mission District in the city, hunted for a parking space and finally got to the German Restaurant, which was utterly packed.

Sharing a community table, we settled in. We ordered a sausage plate for our dinner and another one to-go along with several pretzels, chicken liver appetizers and sides of sauerkraut and potato salad for tonight. It smells fantastic in my refrigerator right now. We also bought a really perfectly sweet mustard for the pretzels and sausages. All I will have to do for tonight is to reheat everything. I fell into bed at 10PM, really late for me, and slept through the night.

We are watching the DVR of the qualifying for the Formula 1 race from China right now. Afterwards, I have to drive Michael back to Jim's so he can get his car, race back home to back the cake for tonight, blow any leaves from the yards, set the buffet table and set up the cocktail area. I feel a nap coming on!

Tomorrow, I am expecting a quiet day for me but madness has surrounded Michael. He is trying to get a ton of stuff done before he begins work on Tuesday. Life is changing. What a year this has been. So many changes, both good and very bad.

No comments: