Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Looking Forward to Saturday

The Giant's home opener against the St. Louis Cardinals is this afternoon. My entire family will be listening or watching and half will be routing for different teams! Mom and Chip are Cardinals fans and my sister and I will be jumping up and down for the Giants. We are looking forward to a fun season.

The weekend birthday get together with the neighbors has been postponed a week, thank goodness. I was just not up to it this week. 

After the rehab class yesterday, I was drinking water from a bottle while driving home and aspirated the first gulp. Deep coughing quickly ensued and it all came up. Hopefully, I won't get an infection.

It seems it is going to be too wet to do much yard work this weekend so I have a choice to make: yoga or the other rehab gym. Yoga is local and rehab is the other side of the pass. I am leaning to rehab and maybe some clothes shopping. Fun on a lazy Saturday morning.

But for today, I look forward to an early doctor appointment with mom followed by lunch and good conversations. At 3:30, I am meeting Natalie and her kids before their swimming lesson so we can talk about some of her teaching issues. She needs input. It will be fantastic to see the kids and I always wait for Winnie or Oliver to ask shyly, "Did you bring a little something with you?" I have a small child sized box of gingerbread cookies for each of them and will have them in my purse at the ready. They always squeal with delight! Nothing feeds my soul more than being with children.

Happy Friday!

No comments: