Sunday, April 14, 2013

Post Party

The list of things to do went quickly yesterday morning so by 12:30, the cake was made, the yards were restored after some winds, the front door was cleaned, the table was set, the cocktail area organized and I was ready. I do confess that I had an almost two hour nap.

We so enjoyed having Rick, Natalie and their daughter Melanie, who just finished the school musical having one of the lead roles. She is an excellent students, beautiful, plays on the tennis team and the school band and has tons of friends. I love talking with her, hearing all the drama of being a teenager and she explained some interesting things she was currently learning in her AP Physics class.

The German food was a complete success. They LOVED it and it was so simple for me. It was even better to pack up all the leftovers along with the cake and we sent it all home with them.

Michael has another big day today trying to get things done before he begins work on Tuesday. If it is not windy, we are going to BBQ some chicken for dinner. We also will cook long strips of zucchini with it.

I do have to admit that Michael once again came up with the brilliant idea of buying the food and serving it as appetizers for the party last night. All I had to do was make a cake, which was enough. I was not exhausted by the time the company arrived and I feel pretty good this morning. So once again, we still can have company for the evening but we adjusted to protect my stamina and it worked just fine. Adjust and move on. My motto.

No comments: