Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Suddenly Management and a Happy Birthday

Day One: Michael had a lovely day at his new job and he looked fantastic in his new shirt, slacks and shoes. It is a very large operation, everyone welcomed him and he said he talked and walked a lot. At one point, he noticed a mess in a corner, picked up a broom when suddenly the owner rushed over and told him to put it down as it was beneath him to sweep. Esa, one of the three owner brothers, was trying to help Michael to understand that he was now management. That is going to be a hard concept for Michael to remember! He is a Virgo, after all, and can't stand anything out of order or dirty.

I thought about him throughout the day, had a good workout at the rehab class, Dick is still quite ill, Sherman was in fine form and it was a quiet day. Michael got home, had the leftover BBQ chicken and some small ravioli for dinner then headed to a friend near Wayne's for a Boys Night Out. Michael ate some fantastic homemade chili and cornbread and he said it was the perfect end to his first day. He got home just before 9:00 and we both slept like babies.

It is the yoga hell class this morning followed by some yard work, some laundry and a quick drive by my primary doctor in town. I have a small red something on my chest that is worrisome. It does not bleed but it has not healed in a month. I want her to take a look at it. The issue is that if it is something other than a pre-cancerous or a simple skin cancer, I will not be able to have lung transplants until I am cancer-free for five years. Soooo, worrisome. I don't know if she will have time to see me as a drop in but maybe tomorrow afternoon...anyway, I will make an appointment if I need to.

It is Natalie's birthday today. I will never forget this newly graduated Master opera singing diva who I hired to teach Pre-K - 5th grade general music and choirs in 2000. She had no experience but the kids loved her. She developed into the best teacher I have ever met. Who knew that we would become such close friends and walk through life together? I am sure that Winnie and Oliver and her sweet Ethan will be celebrating the day with her.

No comments: