Friday, May 24, 2013

Begin the Antibiotics!

I napped in starts and stops yesterday. First, I was awakened when my oxygen supplier phoned regarding a change to the delivery schedule. Settling back into my chair and covered in a nice blanket, I dozed for about 45 minutes before my friend phoned from Raleigh. After chatting for almost two hours, it was almost time to meet Michael for his hair appointment!

We had a quiet evening and I fell into bed right at 8PM. I feel rested this morning.

I started antibiotics yesterday. The cough was becoming worse, I was feeling awful, had a low grade fever and I noticed the beginning of pain in my lower right side similar to the pain I experienced a couple years ago when I had pneumonia. I tried to avoid taking antibiotics but it was time. We will see if it helps because the last several runs could not dispatch my bronchitis.

This morning, I am going to work out at the other rehab, run to the butcher's then a check-in with mom. I hope she was not in too much pain last night from her surgery yesterday. We might do a grocery run and get a Starbucks, if she is up to it.

My weekend plans include time working in the garden. The grass in a foot long (okay, an exaggeration) and lots of wind messiness. The camellias and several of the rhododendrons have finished blooming and need to be fertilized.

We are expecting a busy holiday weekend but looking forward to watching the Formula 1 race from Monaco on Sunday and maybe a little drive down the coast on Monday. Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: