Friday, May 17, 2013

Caution: Late Nights Ahead

I stumbled through yesterday on six hours of sleep. By 8PM, I was done. Mom and I ran all the errands and her doctor's appointment went well. She is now approved and arranging to have a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted.

My coughing has returned, which is not good news. I think I just have not been able to get enough down time or sleep. To that end, I planned to take today off, pull the house together, do the laundry and work in the gardens. A quiet day. But, I learned last night that Michael had arranged for us to have an evening with British Don. We have not seen him and have been trying to get together. So tonight, we are going to enjoy some duck confit tacos together then going for cocktails to a fantastic place he goes to at the top of Nob Hill in SF. I will be the designated driver for the evening. I fear it might be a rather late evening. Tomorrow is my orchestra concert when I need to be rested and focused. It was not the best night to arrange a late night.

Saturday, mom is arriving around 4:00 for an early dinner of fish, cole slaw and cranberries (for her) before my concert. Afterwards, we will drive her back home.

Another late night.

Sunday night, we are hosting a dinner for Rick and Natalie at the East German restaurant in the city in celebration of her birthday. We are looking forward to it but it will be another late night.

Monday, mom has an early eye doctor appointment and Natalie invited me to Winnie's school's end of the year concert in town, which she is conducting. Not too late of a night but still...

So, I am concerned that I may not survive to Tuesday. The plan beginning today is to make sure I only do what I really need to do, try to take a nap each day, not to panic, eat well (when I am exhausted, I am tempted by carbs) and be grateful that I am able to live such an active life ten years after Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis invaded my lungs.

No comments: