Tuesday, May 14, 2013

ILD Support Group Meeting Today

I am going to the monthly Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) Support Group at my university hospital this afternoon. Dr. Paul Walters (who I ran into last week at the lecture) will be talking about the genetics of interstitial lung disease (telomeres), biomarkers and stem cells in lung disease. This is a subject I know nothing about. It is going to be a high learning curve. I am sure he will break the information down to a level for us to understand so I will be able to report back tomorrow.

Yesterday, I drove mom past the shop where Michael is now working. She was shocked how large it was and that the center of their front parking lot was filled with huge, white, blooming rose bushes. She was also shocked how far he has to walk between the shop and the paint shop many times a day. Lots of exercise. Lots of weight loss!

Michael had a minor screw up at work yesterday and asked if I would make a couple of baking dishes of baklava today. The owners of the business are Persian, we have talked food (I actually make one of their very traditional lamb recipes) and Michael has been bragging about my baklava. So, this morning I will buy the walnuts, butter, honey and phyllo to make it when I get home this afternoon.

We have been invited to my sister's house for a pool party in June. Her husband's family will also be there, they are really nice people and my sister lives in an area where it will be hot! So looking forward to it! I now have to decide what food to bring to share.

I promise to take lots of notes at today's meeting.

No comments: