Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ten Minutes

Monday, we ran some errands for Michael then enjoyed a lovely lunch in Palo Alto, where we had celebrated Mother's Day. It was empty! We split an appetizer, Michael had a wood oven cooked pizza and one of his most favorite things for dessert - Spumoni! Gentle rain fell as we drove home where I promptly fell asleep for an hour.

I am feeling better this morning and think I finally am beginning to recover from whatever was wrong. My cough is lessened but it will take a while for my energies to return. This afternoon, I will begin the long drive up to another campus of my university hospital. I schedule two hours to get there, find a parking space and to walk to the appointment. It is always a struggle with lots of nasty city traffic. I have a 3:40PM appointment to have my entire body checked to see if there are other cancers needing removal. I plan to also swing by the dermatology surgery department to see where I am in the process of having the last bits of the remaining original cancer removed. It is growing daily.

What is disheartening, was in the email reminder of this appointment where it noted that I was scheduled for a 10-minute appointment. Ten whole minutes. Two hours driving, 10-minute appointment, two hours driving home.

But, what I am really looking forward to after the yoga hell class tomorrow, is seeing a former student who just graduated from college. I am so proud of him I could bust. His entrance into college was delayed for a few years but when he finally arrived, he REALLY arrived. There will be just a bit of down time before he heads to Harvard to begin working towards a PhD in Economics. Spectacular.

No comments: