Friday, May 3, 2013

The Quiet Before the Storm

One more warm, sunny day on the coast before it all changes tomorrow. It is our last chance to fire up the BBQ tonight, watch the sunset and enjoy the rib eye steak I bought earlier in the week. I have a feeling there will be a shot of bourbon over lots of ice in Michael's future!

My thighs are growing! I have missed so many days in the gym with all of mom's doctor appointments that I think their definition is waining! I must recommit to hitting the gym before her appointments, if at all possible.

We have a quiet weekend ahead but it will be the last moment of peace for a few weeks. The upcoming schedule is crazy and I am trying not to panic. Lots of doctor's appointments and a surgery for mom, doctor appointments for me, a lecture at the hospital, a mammogram, dentist checkup and cleaning, my orchestra concert and dress rehearsal, Mother's Day celebration, arranging a new windshield for mom's new car and hosting a birthday dinner out at the East German restaurant with Rick and Natalie. All within the next three weeks. Life is not boring!

This morning, mom has her final meeting with hunky Dr. M, her foot doctor. Her foot has healed but she has a bit of pain once in a while from the original bunion now.

For me, I am so looking forward to tomorrow and working in the garden. The winds did a bit of damage again and a few bushes need trimming. We are even planning to take the Mustang out for a cruise down the coast. The quiet before the storm!

No comments: