Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Busy Days But No Exercise

Yesterday was a lazy day but it just flew by. I think I needed this downtime and am really enjoying it. There was even some time spent reading in the garden. But in the morning, I made the Ancho Macho Chili and it took a good three hours to just braise in the oven. While it was cooking, I ironed seven of Michael's shirts, picked up the house, rearranged some drawers, cleaned the stove top and counters then got dressed sometime after noon.

The chili recipe was from Atkins and our friend Jim has lost quite a bit of weight on that diet so I wanted him to enjoy this delicious delight. Jumping in the car and driving to the other end of the town, I dropped a nice container off for dinner. He phoned last evening and was so touched that I made it for them. I did include a new bottle of Ancho Chili Powder and the recipe with the container of food.

I must need the sleep because I passed out again last night. Since I have not been wearing myself out and not being able to exercise due to the incision, I was worried that I would not be able to sleep. Wrong. Thank goodness. The incision feels much better this morning with less pulling and tenderness.

So today, I am facing an hour drive directly east over a bridge and two mountain passes for lunch with Sue. I am so proud of her for taking her life back, losing 80 pounds and pulling way back on her pain medications. It was her decision to jump back into life instead of staying in bed for the rest of her life. It should be an interesting lunch as I haven't actually seen her in person in years.

No comments: