Saturday, June 29, 2013

Coastside Sunshine - A Rare June Event

It is warm here. That is a rare event on the oceanside in the summer. It is going to be packed with people trying to escape the 100+ temperatures throughout the Bay Area. There are three ways in and out of town. The major pass will be impossible and will probably take two hours or more to drive the 10-minute pass. The second pass from the north is through the new tunnel, pass a major whale watching beach, along the most famous of surfer's beach and always packed fish restaurant. The third option from the south is over my favorite road but it is long and curvy and I have never driven it alone.

Why reviewing the options? Mom can't drive and she has her standard Saturday morning appointment to get her hair washed. Someone has to get her there! While she is in the chair, I will run up to a very old toy and hobby store to buy a race car set for Oliver, who just turned three-years old. They will be here on Tuesday to celebrate this milestone. After my toy run, we will take her freshly washed hair out for lunch then I will head home. I think I will choose the option from the north but it will be a challenge.

I worked five hours in the gardens yesterday, made dinner then we went to Jim and Kathy's for a bonfire. There was food. There was an amazing array of drinks. There were a lot of people. The night was warm. Around 9:30, I finally told Michael I needed to get home. I was still trying to recover from the drama and lack of sleep during mom's surgery and I was totally done. I have a feeling that I will be taking a nap this afternoon.

No comments: