Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day Baking

The steri strips are beginning to loosen and the incision is slowing being revealed. It looks good and hopefully won't be too noticeable of a scar. It is a lot longer than I had expected. The stitches are due to be removed on Friday.

Michael has been wanting my cheesecake. It is a simple cheesecake recipe my friend Lindsey gave to me when the kids were young. There was something about it that was fantastic. I asked him what he wanted to do for Father's Day this Sunday and was so surprised when he replied that he wished for my cheesecake with a cup of coffee in the morning, lunch in the city and just a regular dinner. Since it is a million calories per slice, he has been dreaming about it but not sure he wanted to add the calories to his waistline. Since his new job, he has lost so much weight that he is now ready to enjoy a slice.

We made a deal. I will make the cheesecake but he has to get it out of the house on Monday. Too much temptation for me! We will keep a nice large piece for him to enjoy on Monday night and another to give to mom but the rest is going into his work to share with everyone. Spread around the joy. Spread around the calories!

This morning, the baking with happen, the house will smell delightful and it will sit overnight in the refrigerator to produce the perfect slice for a great dad on Father's Day.

No comments: