Monday, June 3, 2013

New Skirt for Skin Cancer Appointment

I dropped Michael off at a little shop to do some work while I worked out at the other rehab yesterday. Afterwards, I enjoyed a salad at Nordstrom's then did a bit of shopping. I have been stalking a skirt. It was an off-white, knee length, lace skirt and was only $48.00 but still...I waited. Yesterday, I finally bought it for $28.00 as it was the last one in the store. Then, I went to DSW where I found a pair of low-wedged sandals. I am going wear the skirt this morning with a darker beige/gold lightweight sweater/t-shirt under a jean's jacket and my new sandals.

We drove back to the coast from the north after a quick run to the butcher's and Trader Joe's. Michael had not had much lunch and needed a bit of food so we stopped at the fantastic Taco Bell right on Surfer's Beach in Pacifica. It is world famous because of its location. Unfortunately, the fog had come in but it did not dissuade tons of beach loving families from enjoying the water. Lucky for us, the sun was shining at our house so we enjoyed BBQing a beautiful rib eye steak and some sauteed mushrooms for dinner.

Today. It is going to be a little crazy. I am going to wear some workout shorts to the other rehab then change to the skirt before I meet with mom. We are spending the day together then I am going to begin the long, difficult drive to the far campus of my university hospital for the dermatology appointment. This is the appointment I have been praying for these past 90 days. I am meeting with the surgeon who will be removing the final bits of the cancer still enjoying itself on my chest. But, before it is finally removed, I needed a consultation. Great. Now I will need to make the long drive once again to finally be rid of it. Working with this department has been a huge challenge.

On another note: I have taken a full run of antibiotics as of Saturday but I still have a cough every once in awhile. If it gets worse, I will be contacting Dr. K.

No comments: