Sunday, June 9, 2013

Recovering

Today, there will be no photo of the incision that removed the cancer. Under the bandage yesterday, I had forgotten that it was totally covered in steri strips and there was even a little dried blood on one of them. Nothing to see.

I did go back to bed yesterday and slept another four hours. Stunning. So surprising. I did awaken enough to make a simple dinner while Michael cut the lawn for me. I even watched a bit of the Giant's game before falling asleep at 8:00 for another 10 hours. I can't seem to get enough sleep!

It is sore this morning as I must have turned on my side during the night. Tender. Michael wants me to go with him over the hill for a few hours this morning. I would drop him off, stroll on the treadmill (I can't do anything to raise my blood pressure for a week), do a little shopping then meet for lunch together. We also need to swing by the butcher's, Trader Joe's and Safeway as I can't lift the grocery bags for a few more days!

It is wet and foggy here but my sister said it was 111 degrees at their home near Sacramento yesterday. Super hot. I just can't imagine but I am positive they spent a lot of time in their pool! It is in the 70s over the hill and 60s here on the coastside today. So good for my poor lungs.

The Formula 1 race is from Montreal today so we will watch it when we get back this afternoon. Should be a very interesting race.

No comments: