Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Staying Home

I am still sore and tender from the incision to remove the skin cancer. It is all so very unexpected. As I am driving an hour to meet the wife of a longtime friend for lunch tomorrow, I am going to stay home today. The stack of Michael's work shirts are waiting patiently for me to iron them into perfection. Also, the Ancho Macho Chili will be made throughout the morning and some of it will be delivered to Jim and Kathy after lunch. A nice but not too active day ahead.

When I heard that the new iOS for Apple is named not after an animal, which is traditional but for our very own Maverick's, it made me smile! Maverick's is an area in the ocean that produces huge waves that brings international attention to our little town for a long board surfing competition every year. Am I surprised? The big secret is that the CEO of Apple lives here on the coast. He doesn't live in a fancy house on the golf course but he lives near the ocean in a nice, regular neighborhood. He has a very fancy car and, as I head to yoga class each week, he is usually leaving home to head to work and we pass each other. I think I will begin to wave to him! So living here on the coast, he is very familiar with Maverick's and I love the connection.

Mom and I went to the county fair yesterday and walked our brains out. She was exhausted but proud of herself that she was able to walk as much as we did. Wayne and Jill's son's hog, Honey Boo Boo was asleep awaiting his spotlight, which is tomorrow when the ribbons will be awarded. We saw fantastic flower arrangements, place settings, pottery, baked goods, amazing quilts and oh so much more. County fairs. America is alive and well.

As the rest of the country is dealing with heat and temperatures in the 100s, we are wet and foggy here on the coast. I hope to see a bit of sun today! I am so grateful that we live in a cool moist climate, which is so much better for my poor lungs.

No comments: