Saturday, June 22, 2013

Weekends

We have our weekend routines. Saturdays, I am usually picking up the house, running to the bank, doing the laundry and working four to five hours in the yard. Afterwards, I take a nice shower and walk through the gardens. We have dinner at home and it is satisfying to have all the work done at the end of the day.

This Saturday, we are leaving this morning to pick up some car parts for Michael at a famous hot rod place then drive to mom's, throw her in the car and drive two hours to my sister's house. The weather here on the coast is expected to be 75 today. The weather at my sister's house is expected to be 95 today. They are throwing a pool party for both of their families. There will be children. There will be lots of adults. I am looking forward to spending time with my niece and also seeing my sister's new kitchen. I made my famous Pasta Salad and will pack it on ice for the long drive. We should be home around midnight.

Usually on Sundays, we either spend the day together or I drop Michael off at his little shop for a couple of hours. I use that time to work out at the other rehab and to do a little shopping. We have lunch together then drive home. The rest of the day we often enjoy a Giant's or 49er game or hang out in the garden together.

This Sunday, I will be exhausted from Saturday so I will try to do nothing but nap. Sunday evening, we have been invited for the first time to the home of the owner of our favorite French restaurant. He is French. His wife is Vietnamese. She is doing the cooking and I can't wait to taste fantastic foods! They have a little girl who just turned two years old. It is going to be a late night.

So, I will be exhausted going into a very stressful week. Mom's pacemaker surgery is Tuesday.

My goal for the next week is to do nothing whenever possible so I can regain my stamina and hopefully not get sick. It will just take a few days. I hope.

No comments: