Friday, July 5, 2013

A Gardening 4th!

I think my stamina is returning. My breathing is the best it has been in many months and I just feel good. I attacked the gardens late yesterday afternoon with a renewed vigor and was finished in no time at all. After cutting and trimming the edges of the grassy areas, I hand trimmed the entire hidden garden. It now looks clean and organized and will stay that way well after Mary's visit in two weeks. I usually trim it two to three times a year as it is a lot of work. After I get home today, I am going deep into another part of the garden to clean out old leaves and hand trim it as well. On Saturday, the ladder will come out and the huge Burmese Trumpet vine will get a trim along with several bushes in the front yard. Again, all the major trimming should be finished this weekend with the anticipation of Michael's mom visit to celebrate her 80th birthday.

Next week, the list of things to do will begin to grow. It includes cleaning all of the mirrored closet doors in both extra bedrooms, re-washing all the towels in the extra bathroom and washing all the interior windows.

We celebrated the 4th of July with mom. After a chat in her apartment, we went to the mall as Michael needed some new short sleeved shirts and socks. His poor feet keep getting blisters. We bought two different types of socks, which should give him some relief. Mom finally found a new white necklace - she had been looking for one for months - then Michael bought a new English Laundry shirt at Nordstroms for our 40th Anniversary trip to Las Vegas in September. Very nice. We took Michael to lunch at a place we found a couple of months ago. Italian. We were the only ones there and were treated like royalty. They had paninis while I had a fresh grilled calamari salad. We took our most favorite drive home through the redwoods down to the coast because of a massive traffic jam over the regular pass.

This morning, after working out at the other rehab, mom and I are driving back to the coastside to have our toe nails done, enjoy fish tacos for lunch and I want to bring her back to the house for her to see the gardens. Everything is in bloom and it looks so good. It will make the gardener in her soul sing!

No comments: